When nothing is facing you but gray days and the same insane clothing combinations intended to keep you warm, what do you do to stay jolly? It's as good a question as any, and one I've been considering quite a good deal lately. I always feel like spring should make itself known as soon as March rolls around, even though after 5 Chicago winters, I know that isn't how it works. Honestly, I need to relax. How many times a day do I really need to check the weather channel?
So, my friends, what is the solution? A poor actress can only buy so much to cheer her up before important things like needing to buy food and pay rent butt their way into the picture. I think, however, I have come up with something that will amuse me, and you, too.
Challenge: Send me a picture of you and a brief description of your outfit, and I'll pick my favorite(s) and do a little feature every Wednesday. I think it will give us all a chance to expand our mental wardrobes and see what's going on outside our own little spheres.
- Don't be nasty. You know what I mean.
- Be sure you have permission to use the picture. I don't want anybody getting up in my grill about that.
- Selfies are fine, I actually think they can show a lot of personality, but make sure we can actually see your outfit.
- If you send me a really tiny image, I can't use it, so make sure it's big enough to be a full-sized picture in a post, 480 x 640 pixels
- Make sure all photos are either in PNG or JPG format.
- Send all pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words READER OUTFIT SUBMISSION in the subject line
- All photos must be submitted every Monday by 11:59pm CDT
I can't wait!