Tomato, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
3 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
5 oz. frozen spinach
4 oz. goat cheese
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
3 tbsp. cream cheese
2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Clean chicken breasts. Using a thin, sharp knife, butterfly each one, taking care not to pierce the top or bottom of the opening. Season breasts with salt and pepper.
3. Prepare spinach according to package directions. While it cooks, combine cream cheese, goat cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes in a medium-sized bowl. Add spinach and mix together (the heat from the spinach should soften the cheese and make it easier to combine). Season to taste.
4. Stuff each chicken breast with spinach mixture, there should be just enough for all three. If you'd like, secure opening with toothpicks.
5. Place chicken in a glass baking dish, being sure not to crowd the pan. Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately.
I think this makes an excellent late summer dinner, especially if accompanied by a lightly dressed green salad and a nice white wine. Enjoy!